New applicants are no longer eligible for this route. Those who currently possess leave to remain under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur category can apply to seek indefinite leave to remain. The window for submitting applications for indefinite leave to remain is open until 5 April 2025.
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa UK (Indefinite Leave to Remain)
Are you a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa holder? Have you been living in the UK continuously for 5 years?
If you answer “Yes” to both questions, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK. All applications for ILR as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) will remain open until 5th April 2025. Applications beyond 5th April 2025 will not be accepted.
If you wish to apply for ILR in the future, you should ensure that you do not have excessive absences from the UK and that you will be able to satisfy the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) ILR requirements.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements For ILR Under The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa Uk Route?
In order to be eligible to apply for ILR under the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa UK category, you must:
- Currently, have a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa;
- Have continuously resided in the UK for 5 years;
- Not have been absent from the UK for more than 180 days in any 12 month period;
- Have passed the Life in the UK Test;
- Satisfy the English Language requirement;
- Evidence that you have invested at least £200,000.00 in cash directly into one or more UK Businesses (if you have evidenced this investment in a previous Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Application, you do not need to provide this evidence again);
- Satisfy the necessary registrations with HM Revenue & Customs or be registered with Companies House as a director of a UK Company or a member of a UK Limited Liability Partnership;
- Satisfy the Job Creation requirement.
Accelerated Route To Apply For Indefinite Leave To Remain
You will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK after 3 years of continuous residence in the UK if:
- You have created at least 10 new full-time jobs which satisfy the Job Creation requirement; or
- You have established a new UK Business or Businesses that have or have had a gross income from business activity of at least £5 million during the 3rd year of continuous residence; or
- You have taken over or invested in an existing UK Business or Businesses and this has resulted in a net increase in gross income from the Business activity of £5 million during the 3rd year of continuous residence, as compared to the 3 years period immediately before the date you became involved with the Business as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant.
Interested to Find Out More?
Our immigration lawyers can work with you throughout the lifecycle of your Application for ILR, ensuring that you are in a position to successfully satisfy the necessary requirements to permanently settle in the UK.
Garth Coates Solicitors is one of London’s most respected immigration law firms. Our founding partner, Garth Coates, spent many years working in the Home Office as an Immigration Caseworker. This experience has given him a unique understanding of what immigration decision-makers are looking for when approving Visa Applications.
Established in 2008, Garth Coates Solicitors is a leading Immigration Law Firm that can provide professional legal advice to ensure that your Application satisfies the strict requirements of the Immigration Rules.
Our team of legal professionals offers comprehensive and considered advice to enable our clients to make informed choices. We strongly believe that our clients deserve the best; we take our responsibilities very seriously to ensure that client satisfaction is achieved by providing a professional yet friendly legal service. We aim to resolve all immigration matters brought to us by working diligently and together with our clients, keeping them informed of the progress of their case at all stages. Our outstanding success rate is maintained thanks to the high standard of our work.
If you would like us to assist you with your Immigration Matter, kindly click here to leave us an Enquiry. Alternatively, we can be reached via telephone at (00 44) (0)20 7799 1600 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (UTC+00.00 London) every Monday to Friday.