Self-Sponsorship Skilled Worker Visa
Are you interested in establishing a new business in the UK or do you currently own an existing UK-based business? If so, you may qualify for a Self-Sponsorship Skilled Worker Visa, allowing you to sponsor yourself through your own UK company. Before applying for this visa route, your UK business must obtain a Skilled Worker sponsor license.
This self-sponsored Skilled Worker visa not only opens doors to business opportunities but also leads to the possibility of settling in the UK. Additionally, you can include your dependent partners and children in your application.
Requirements for a Self-Sponsorship Skilled Worker Visa
To sponsor yourself for a Skilled Worker visa, you must meet specific requirements set by UK Visas and Immigration:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have an active and genuine UK company.
- Ensure your UK company obtains a Skilled Worker sponsor license.
- Receive a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the intended job role from your UK company.
- Verify that your job offer is a genuine vacancy.
- Ensure your job aligns with an appropriate skill level.
- Receive a salary that meets or exceeds the general salary threshold for the occupation, as well as any minimum hourly rates if applicable.
- Confirm your sponsor has paid any necessary Immigration Skills Charge.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0).
- Have financial means to support yourself without relying on public funds.
- Provide a criminal record certificate if required.
- Furnish a valid TB certificate if required.
These requirements may vary depending on your individual circumstances, so consulting with an immigration lawyer is advisable for expert guidance.
How to Apply for a Self-Sponsorship Skilled Worker Visa
Sponsoring yourself for a Skilled Worker visa involves four key steps:
- Establish a UK Company: You must either register a new UK company or have an existing one.
- Apply for a Skilled Worker Sponsor License: Your UK business needs to apply for and obtain a Skilled Worker sponsor license.
- Assign a Certificate of Sponsorship: Your UK company will assign a Certificate of Sponsorship for your intended job role.
- Apply for a Skilled Worker Visa: Once you have the Certificate of Sponsorship, you can proceed to apply for your Skilled Worker visa.
- Registering a UK Company from Overseas: It is possible to register a UK company from overseas, with no requirement for the director to be a UK resident. However, certain obligations must be met.
- UK Business Bank Account: Non-UK residents can open a business bank account in the UK, but requirements vary by bank.
- Trading Requirement: Your UK business does not need to be actively trading or generating revenue in the UK, but demonstrating certain activities can strengthen your application.
At Garth Coates Solicitors, we specialize in helping individuals navigate the Self-Sponsorship Skilled Worker Visa process. Our team of experienced immigration experts is here to assist you every step of the way. For personalized guidance on your self-sponsorship Skilled Worker visa application, please contact us.
How Our Immigration Experts Can Help
At Garth Coates Solicitors, we have a proven track record of helping individuals successfully secure Self-Sponsorship Skilled Worker visas and achieve their UK business goals. Our team is dedicated to providing you with professional and friendly legal support throughout your immigration journey.
Garth Coates Solicitors is committed to delivering high-quality immigration services and keeping our clients informed of their case progress. We believe in providing the best possible assistance, and our outstanding success rate reflects our dedication to excellence.
If you’re ready to explore the opportunities offered by the Self-Sponsorship Skilled Worker Visa, or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us for expert guidance and support.
Established in 2008, Garth Coates Solicitors is a leading Law Firm in Immigration who can provide professional legal advice to ensure that your Application satisfies the strict requirements of the Immigration Rules.
Our team of legal professionals offer comprehensive and considered advice to enable our clients to make informed choices. We strongly believe that our clients deserve the best; we take our responsibilities very seriously to ensure that client satisfaction is achieved by providing a professional yet friendly legal service. We aim to resolve all immigration matters brought to us by working diligently and together with the client, keeping them informed of the progress of their case at all stages. Our outstanding success rate is maintained thanks to the high standard of our work.
If you would like us to assist you with your Immigration Matter, kindly click here to leave us an Enquiry. Alternatively, we can be reached via telephone at (00 44) (0)20 7799 1600 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (UTC+00.00 London) every Monday to Friday.