Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
The Representative of an Overseas Business Visa is a perfect route for Overseas Businesses seeking to establish or expand its Business in the UK.
This route allows an Overseas Business to send a Senior Employee to the UK to set up a registered UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary. Alternatively, this route is also suitable for an Employee of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK.
Family members of the Representatives of an Overseas Business can also apply to enter the UK as Dependents if they are either the Applicant’s husband, wife, partner or child under the age of 18.
INTERESTED TO FIND OUT MORE?
Our business immigration lawyers can work with you throughout the lifecycle of your Representative of an Overseas Business Visa, ensuring that you are in a position to successfully apply for an extension after your initial leave.
Garth Coates Solicitors is one of London’s most respected immigration law firms. We have helped many of our clients extend their visa and ultimately obtain settlement. Our founding partner, Garth Coates, spent many years working in the Home Office as an Immigration Caseworker. This experience has given him a unique understanding as to what immigration decision-makers are looking for when approving visa applications.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO BE A REPRESENTATIVE OF AN OVERSEAS BUSINESS?
It is important to note that this category is only open to Overseas Businesses that have no existing active branch, subsidiary or representative in the UK. The Overseas Business must have been actively trading in the country of origin for over a year. Further, the Overseas Business must have and intend to continue to have its headquarters and principal place of business outside the UK.
In order to qualify to be a Representative of an Overseas Business in the UK, you must:
- Be a genuine Representative of an Overseas Business;
- Have been recruited and employed outside the UK by the Overseas Business you intend to represent;
- Intend to work full-time as a Representative of that Overseas Business only;
- Have the skills, experience and knowledge to do the role;
- Hold a senior position within the Overseas Company (but do not own or control the majority of it) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf;
- Have enough funds to support yourself and your dependents in the UK without recourse to public funds;
- Have a level of English Language equivalent to level A1 or above of the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework for Language Learning (CEFR);
- Intend to establish the Overseas Company’s first commercial presence in the UK, either as a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary;
- Provide a valid Tuberculosis (TB) certificate if you are residing within a country listed in Appendix T of the Immigration Rules, for 6 months immediately before the date of Application.
If your Application for a Representative of an Overseas Business Visa is successful, you will be granted with an initial 3-year period of leave. Following this, you may apply for an Extension for further leave to remain in the UK for 2 years. After 5 years of continuous residence in the UK, you will be eligible to apply for Settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain).
CAN I SWITCH TO BE A REPRESENTATIVE OF AN OVERSEAS BUSINESS FROM ANOTHER IMMIGRATION CATEGORY?
You can change (or switch) from another immigration category into the Representative of an Overseas Business category if you are already in the UK, unless you have, or last had permission:
- as a Visitor
- as a Short-term Student
- as a Parent of a Child Student
- as a Seasonal Worker
- as a Domestic Worker in a Private Household
- outside the Immigration Rules
Established in 2008, Garth Coates Solicitors is a leading Law Firm in Immigration who can provide professional legal advice to ensure that your Application satisfies the strict requirements of the Immigration Rules.
Our team of legal professionals offer comprehensive and considered advice to enable our clients to make informed choices. We strongly believe that our clients deserve the best; we take our responsibilities very seriously to ensure that client satisfaction is achieved by providing a professional yet friendly legal service. We aim to resolve all immigration matters brought to us by working diligently and together with the client, keeping them informed of the progress of their case at all stages. Our outstanding success rate is maintained thanks to the high standard of our work.
If you would like us to assist you with your Immigration Matter, kindly click here to leave us an Enquiry. Alternatively, we can be reached via telephone at (00 44) (0)20 7799 1600 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (UTC+00.00 London) every Monday to Friday.