Parent of a Child Student
If your child (aged between 4 and 11) is applying for a Child Student Visa to study at an independent school in the UK; you may be able to accompany your child to the UK by applying for a Parent of a Child Student Visa.
This Visa category is only open to one parent. With this Visa, you will be able to stay in the UK until the expiry of your Child’s Student Visa or until they turn 12, whichever is sooner.
INTERESTED TO FIND OUT MORE?
Our immigration lawyers can work with you throughout the lifecycle of your Parent of a Child Student Visa, ensuring that you are in a position to successfully satisfy the necessary requirements to accompany your child in the UK.
Garth Coates Solicitors is one of London’s most respected immigration law firms. We have helped many individuals with their Visa Applications and have gone the extra mile to ensure that both Visas for the Child Student and Parents are attained simultaneously, thereby enabling parents to travel to the UK with their children.
Our founding partner, Garth Coates, spent many years working in the Home Office as an Immigration Caseworker. This experience has given him a unique understanding as to what immigration decision-makers are looking for when approving Visa Applications.
WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR A PARENT OF A CHILD STUDENT VISA?
In order to be eligible for a Parent of a Child Student Visa, you must:
- Be aged 18 and above;
- Provide a valid Tuberculosis Certificate if you are travelling from a country listed in Appendix T of the Immigration Rules;
- Be the Parent of a child who has or is at the same time applying for Entry Clearance or Permission to stay as a Child Student;
- Be the Parent of a child who is aged between 4 and 11 years on the date of Application;
- Intend to live with the Child Student during your stay in the UK;
- Have funds of £1,560.00 for each month of your intended stay in the UK up to a maximum of 9 months;
- Have funds of £625.00 for each month of your intended stay up to a maximum of 9 months for any child other than the Child Student who will be under your care in the UK;
- Not intend to make the UK your main home;
- Have sufficient funds to maintain your main home outside the UK;
- Evidence that you have held the required level of funds for a 28-day period.
WHAT ARE THE APPLICABLE RESTRICTIONS AS A PARENT OF A CHILD STUDENT IN THE UK?
If your Application as a Parent of a Child Student Visa has been granted:
- You will have no access to public funds;
- You cannot work;
- You cannot study.
Your primary role on this Visa category will be to care for your Child Student in the UK. If Part 10 of the Immigration Rules apply, you will also be required to register with the Police.
Established in 2008, Garth Coates Solicitors is a leading Immigration Law Firm that can provide professional legal advice to ensure that your Application satisfies the strict requirements of the Immigration Rules.
Our team of legal professionals offers comprehensive and considered advice to enable our clients to make informed choices. We strongly believe that our clients deserve the best; we take our responsibilities very seriously to ensure that client satisfaction is achieved by providing a professional yet friendly legal service. We aim to resolve all immigration matters brought to us by working diligently and together with our clients, keeping them informed of the progress of their case at all stages. Our outstanding success rate is maintained thanks to the high standard of our work.
If you would like us to assist you with your Immigration Matter, kindly click here to leave us an Enquiry. Alternatively, we can be reached via telephone at (00 44) (0)20 7799 1600 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (UTC+00.00 London) every Monday to Friday.