New applicants are no longer eligible for this route. Those who currently possess entry clearance or leave to enter or remain under the Entrepreneur Visa route can apply to extend their stay or seek indefinite leave to remain.
Entrepreneur Visa Extension
If you have a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa which is close to expiring, you must apply for an extension if you wish to remain in the UK, and work towards obtaining Indefinite Leave to Remain. The extension will last for two years.
Our business immigration lawyers can work with you throughout the lifecycle of your Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa, ensuring that you are in a position to successfully apply for an extension after three years, four months.
Garth Coates is one of London’s most respected immigration law firms. We have helped many talented entrepreneurs extend their visas and ultimately obtain settlements. Our founding partner, Garth Coates, spent many years working in the Home Office as an Immigration Caseworker. This experience has given him a unique understanding of what immigration decision-makers are looking for when approving visa applications.
What are the requirements I must meet to extend my Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa?
To successfully apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa extension, you must show:
- You have invested a minimum of £200,000 directly into one or more UK businesses
- You are a director of a business, or you are self-employed in a UK business
- Your business is genuine and has been operating continuously
- Your organisation has created a minimum of two full-time jobs (30 hours a week) for UK-settled workers and these positions have existed for at least 12 months
- You have the funds to support yourself and your family
- You meet the English language aptitude conditions via:
- Nationality from an English-speaking country, or
- An accepted English language degree, or
- Successfully passing an accredited English language test
- You and your business pass the Genuine Entrepreneur Test
You will need to supply certain documents to support your application, including:
- Your passport
- HMRC tax returns and/or other proof that your business is registered with HMRC
- Evidence that you have employed two new full-time workers who are either British citizens or have ILR
- Bank statements which show you invested the required £200,000 in your business
- Company registration details
What if my extension application is refused?
There is usually no Right of Appeal if your Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa extension application is refused. Therefore, you must work with an experienced business immigration lawyer in London when applying for an extension to ensure your application clearly shows you meet the requirements.
Our team will take the time needed to prepare a robust application and collate the necessary documentation to support the fact you meet the requirements. We assess the strengths and weaknesses of your application in our initial meeting with you, to ensure any potential problems are immediately spotted and amended before sending the application to the Home Office.
Established in 2008, Garth Coates Solicitors is a leading Law Firm in Immigration who can provide professional legal advice to ensure that your Application satisfies the strict requirements of the Immigration Rules.
Our team of legal professionals offer comprehensive and considered advice to enable our clients to make informed choices. We strongly believe that our clients deserve the best; we take our responsibilities very seriously to ensure that client satisfaction is achieved by providing a professional yet friendly legal service. We aim to resolve all immigration matters brought to us by working diligently and together with the client, keeping them informed of the progress of their case at all stages. Our outstanding success rate is maintained thanks to the high standard of our work.
If you would like us to assist you with your Immigration Matter, kindly click here to leave us an Enquiry. Alternatively, we can be reached via telephone at (00 44) (0)20 7799 1600 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (UTC+00.00 London) every Monday to Friday.