Child Student Visa
In order to be eligible for a Child Student Visa, you must:
- Be a genuine student;
- Have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student Sponsor which is an independent school;
- Have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies by a licensed student Sponsor which is an independent school;
- Intend to study a course that meets the Course Requirements in Appendix Child Student of the Immigration Rules;
- Have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course. You must prove that you have held the required level of funds for 28 days before the date of Application. You do not need to satisfy the financial requirement if you fall within the ‘differential evidence’ requirement;
- Provide evidence of the qualifications you used to obtain the offer of a place on the course from the licensed student Sponsor;
- Have parental consent from your parents or legal guardian;
- Provide a valid Tuberculosis Certificate if you are travelling from a country listed in Appendix T of the Immigration Rules.
When Must I Apply For A Child Student Visa?
Once you have been offered a place on the course by a licensed student Sponsor, you will be assigned a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (“CAS”). It is important to note that you must apply for your Child Student Visa within 6 months of receiving your CAS.
If you are applying from outside the UK, you must apply for your Child Student Visa no earlier than 6 months before you start your course. If you are applying from within the UK, you must apply for your Child Student Visa no earlier than 3 months before you start your course.
Interested To Find Out More?
Our immigration lawyers can work with you throughout the lifecycle of your Child Student Visa, ensuring that you are in a position to successfully apply for an extension if you plan to further your education in the UK.
Garth Coates Solicitors is one of London’s most respected immigration law firms. We have helped many individuals with their Child Student Visa Applications and have gone the extra mile in liaising with the respective Schools, Colleges or Universities to ensure that all Immigration Matters are resolved prior to the start date of enrollment.
Our founding partner, Garth Coates, spent many years working in the Home Office as an Immigration Caseworker. This experience has given him a unique understanding of what immigration decision-makers are looking for when approving Visa Applications.
Established in 2008, Garth Coates Solicitors is a leading Immigration Law Firm that can provide professional legal advice to ensure that your Application satisfies the strict requirements of the Immigration Rules.
Our team of legal professionals offers comprehensive and considered advice to enable our clients to make informed choices. We strongly believe that our clients deserve the best; we take our responsibilities very seriously to ensure that client satisfaction is achieved by providing a professional yet friendly legal service. We aim to resolve all immigration matters brought to us by working diligently and together with our clients, keeping them informed of the progress of their case at all stages. Our outstanding success rate is maintained thanks to the high standard of our work.
If you would like us to assist you with your Immigration Matter, kindly click here to leave us an Enquiry. Alternatively, we can be reached via telephone at (00 44) (0)20 7799 1600 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (UTC+00.00 London) every Monday to Friday.