- News List
- Sponsorship management system will take place on 22 February 2010
Sponsorship management system will take place on 22 February 2010
29 January 2010
The next scheduled release of enhancements to the UK Border Agency's sponsorship management system will take place on Monday 22 February 2010.
The sponsorship management system is a secure IT system, enabling licensed sponsors to bring overseas workers and students to the UK and manage their stay here.
Next month's changes have been influenced by consultation with sponsors and feedback from key stakeholder groups. As a result of the changes:Tier 2 sponsors only
- an A-rated sponsor will be able to confirm that it will support an overseas worker, so that they will not claim public funds; Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsors only
- a sponsor will be able to create, assign and pay for certificates in batches (a facility that already exists for Tier 4 sponsors) - this includes e-payment, manual payment, and deferring payment where applicable;
- a sponsor will be able to input an overseas worker's details into a single certificate, based on the worker's previous certificate assigned by that sponsor - some data will be automatically carried over from the previous certificate;
- a sponsor's level 1 user will be able to transfer single, group or batch certificates between the sponsor's users (a facility that already exists for Tier 4 sponsors); Tier 2, Tier 4 and Tier 5 sponsors
- a sponsor will be able to send a 'sponsor note' telling us about minor changes to a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) or a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) before the overseas worker or student uses it - UKBA staff will be able to view this information when assessing their application to them;
- a sponsor will be able to input the details of a group or batch CoS or CAS, based on the previous CoS or CAS within the group or batch - by carrying over some CoS or CAS data, this will reduce the need to re-input data that are not specific to each overseas worker or student